Leading the way in certifications too
An explosive demand for quality is underway, a competition that is good for the market as long as you know what you’re doing.
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
Which is why right now, Savio is the European manufacturer with the highest number of prestigious quality certifications.
It was the first Italian company in its sector to obtain ISO 9001 certification in 1994 and in 2003 its environmental management system was certified (DIN EN ISO 14001), confirming its ongoing commitment to the environment.
Furthermore, in November 2015, Savio passed the certification exam according to the OHSAS 18001: 2007 standard, which concerns the Occupational Health & Safety Management System.
It’s not enough to have the best certifications
Kaoru Ishikawa, father of the modern concept of quality, said:
"Speak with data".
Savio puts its lead products through tough tests with international certification bodies and laboratories: in order to gain the QM mark, its products have been certified by one of the most prestigious bodies in Europe: IFT Rosenheim.
And that´s not all. Savio has its own in-house laboratory, with 26 state-of-the-art test benches, designed and constructed in compliance with the relevant legal framework and validated by notified bodies.
Here, the products are tested to the strictest possible standards, often going far beyond the established limits.
Like the Bernini and Cellini panic device systems, tested up to 2,000,000 cycles (instead of the legally required 200,000).
These figures generate extraordinary data, then officialised by AFNOR (certifying body for the NF mark), which specified them as tests established at different levels: 500,000/1,000,000/2,000,000
Money isn’t everything
"A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business"
This approach is expressed perfectly through the CE mark consulting service for workshops that Savio provides at no cost. It is broken down into five points.
- SAVIO delivers the initial type testing (ITT) certificates for air/water/wind environment laboratory testing as part of a cascade. These tests are performed under “witness testing” terms by a notified body (IRcCos) on a range of door and window frames using the Savio hardware.
- On request of workshops, an updated factory production control (FPC) draft supplemented with specific information about emergency exit doors is sent, to streamline the certification procedure for customers.
- After the cascade procedure has been completed, a whole range of customisable document copies are sent together with the ITT certificates; the workshop keeps these or gives them to the end customer, depending on the Mark regulations.
- Information about the Mark or the various certifications is provided by email or phone, also concerning uncertainties as to the extent of application of the ITT results, operating equivalences and other aspects.
- Savio also has agreements in place with Notified Bodies to assist workshops in all cases where an audit of the production process and a “Certificate of Conformity” by an external body are required.
This relationship drives competences, updating and growth for the whole sector, values that do not easily or quickly translate into money but that constitute the foundations for ongoing, solid development over time.